Doro 820. Bad battery life and hard for old people to use.

2.4
Ease of Use
Style and Design

The Doro 820 cost as much as my Samsung Galaxy J5 but the performance especially battery is just so much worse, I have never seen a battery run down so quickly and it feels and looks cheaper. The real key was that it was simple for an older person with no bells and whistles.

Ha ha. Much more difficult to use than my J5, lot down to the small screen size but also the complexity is hidden behind the big buttons. My Dad has had it 4 months, got completely frustrated and has never used it and yes I am a pissedoff consumer as a result. Also text messaging is impossible, the keyboard is so tiny.

At first I thought it was my Dads age but then I tried to use it myself. Forget it. The phone works just about but that's it and its raison d'etre simplicity for the elderly is just not true.

I hope they get it sorted because the older generation really need a simple phone and it is the only reason why I shopped away from Samsung. Feel the company is exploiting the elderly and their relatives.

Product or Service Mentioned: Doro Liberto 820 Cell Phone.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Customer service.

I didn't like: Difficulty for a senior to use the phone.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Apr 20, 2017.

Doro cell phone sucks. Its so cheap & doesn't stand up to a Motorola cell phone.

I GOT A NEW DORO PHONE THROUGHT CONSUMER CELLULAR A COUPLE MONTHS AGO, IT IS A CHEAP LLY MADE CELL PHONE. THE TECHNOLLAY THAT MOTOROLA HAS IN THEIR CELL PHONES IS SO MUCH BETTER THEN CHEAPLY MADE DORO CELL PHONE.

MY SIMS CARD KEEPS SLIPPING AROUND AND CAUSE ME SO MUCH TROUBLE, I FINALLY HAD TO DUCK TAPE SIMS CARD IN SO I COULD USE THEM *** PHONE. NOW CONSUMER CELLULAR IS TELLING I BROKE THE PHONE & NOW I HADE PAID FOR A BRAND NEW PHONE OR USED PHONE.

THEIR WARRENTY SUCK. SO BEWARE OF THIS PHONE BECAUSE IT IS CHEAPLY MADE.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 02, 2012.

Comments

London, England, United Kingdom #1318312

I bought the Doro 820 for my Dad and am quite unhappy with it. It was supposed to be simple to use but is as complicated as any usual smartphone.

The keyboard is practically unusable due to being so tiny so text messages are a no go and the battery life is appalling. Not happy at all.

On the surface it looks ok but as soon as you start using it the problems emerge. If you are buying one of these for an older person you might as well get them an off the shelf familiar model of smartphone.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #707667

My 85 tear old husband has a DORO. He is very happy with it.

He doesn't text or take pictures so that is a +, he just wants a phone that is simple to use, and the DORO fills the bill totally. The numbers are large, separated, and I have programmed the speed dial's for him. I'm happy, he's happy, and we've had no trouble at all. We are very pleased with the DORO.

:grin We've been with CC for a few years now, and are also totally happy with them. :p

DORO - Service, where? (none)

Took a cross country trip during July and tried to use my DORO phone for texting and voice contact with my family in CA. Once I got past Denver, the message "send failed" appeared on the screen.

When attempting to place a call to family, 'emergency only" appeared. What good is the service if it doesn't work when needed? For the month of July, I used my traveling companion's phone, which did work for both text and voice contact.

Tried to use phone again when I returned home and still got the 'emergency call only message. One pissed customer.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 02, 2012.